(HealthyLifeHacks.net) – We each could come up with countless reasons why right now isn’t a good time to get to the gym. Life is tiring. Workdays are long. We get it.
Fortunately, not all workout regimens require a lot of room or specialized equipment. Even those with limited space can get the regular exercise we need without rearranging the living room. Bodyweight exercises are a great option for people of all fitness levels, and they address both cardio and strength training in one workout. Here’s how to get started.
Use Your Body
Bodyweight exercises are nothing new. Any approach that uses the body’s own weight as resistance counts; push-ups and planks are good, basic examples. Other moves to consider include:
- Arm circles – Stand with the feet shoulder-width apart and the arms extended straight out. Rotate the arms to create small circles in the air with hands. Next, reverse direction.
- Squats – Stand with the knees slightly bent, hands clasped together and arms extended in front of the body. Slowly bend the knees to work the glutes and backs of the legs. Lean against a wall for support if needed.
- Lunges – Keeping knees lined up with the toes, step forward, leaning into the step to exaggerate and extend the move. Reverse feet.
- Burpees – From a standing position, drop down so that the knees are bent and the hands are touching the floor. Shifting the weight to the hands, hop the feet out so that the body is in a plank position. Do a push-up, hop the feet forward and return to a standing position.
- Tuck jumps – Jump as high as possible, bringing the knees into the air before landing.
- Leg lifts – March in place.
- Crunches – While lying on the back, arms crossed against the chest, curl the upper body an inch or two off the floor.
Workouts that incorporate bodyweight techniques are easy to personalize and switch up. Users can mix and match moves to achieve a full-body workout that best suits their individual needs or limitations.
Work Out at Home
Any decent workout that doesn’t require a trip to the gym is worth trying. Why pay those high monthly fees if similar results are possible from the comfort of our own homes? Start with this 30-minute routine to get some ideas:
Can’t get motivated to start? Try picking out a handful of favorite moves and practicing them while watching a favorite movie or television show. A little distraction can go far in helping to make the workout fly by. Even turning on a favorite soundtrack can help shift the focus and pass the time. Make it as fun as possible.
Good physical fitness begins with an effective routine. Skip the hassle and expense of the gym and still get the ultimate workout without any additional investment. Bodyweight techniques are free, versatile and easy to do just about anywhere. Why not get started today?
~ Here’s To Your Healthiest Life!
Copyright 2021, HealthyLifeHacks.net